Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BHS Discord server?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

EDIT 6 MAY 2016: Overwatch is now in open beta! We've been having fun times in the Discord, why not come and join us!

T80t6MP.png

See the posts below this one for more information. Hope to see you around!

Posted

What would that entail?

Posted

Almost nothing. I could create the group if nothing else. I believe it even stays up if you're offline.

Posted

Yea, sure. Go for it, sounds like a neat idea if people want a VOIP.

Keep in mind, based on their privacy policy. They basically own everything you transmit over their servers and can do whatever they want with it.

Posted

OK. I'm testing the waters with this. I'm working out the little details but I believe no one should be able to mess up the roles. By default all new members are set to the everyone group and I will have to change your group to begin with, but after that you can invite others and set them up yourself (Captains get full permissions for everything.) I can even change your role if you're not online, so long as you have joined the server at some point. SO JOIN TODAY!

The link to join the BHS Discord is: https://discord.gg/0gascaFCeAXaE7o1

3UM1kJJ.png

A few notes;

• Downloading the client is highly recommended. Discord can be run through browser but in that case the discord tab must be the active tab. Not good!
  • Discord is similar to Vent, but without the server on our side. I don't actually own a server, Discord runs this for free. This means that even if I shut off my computer, the server (should) still be up for anyone to join.
  • You can set your own avatar and username and change them whenever you feel like it.
  • Once you join the server you will be listed in the right sidebar even if you are offline.
  • If you are in-game, the game you are playing will be shown.
  • Roles are set up as follows: Captain (fuchsia, highest), Elite (yellow), Brother (green), Non-Brother (blue, lowest). 
  • Captains can create their own Joke roles or rooms if they feel like it.
  • Current rooms are: High Council, Administration, General, Team Fortress 2, Other Games, and AFK.
  • Only Captains are able to join the High Council channel. Elite and above are able to join the Administration channel. Brothers and Non-Brothers cannot.
  • You will be automatically moved to AFK channel after 15 minutes of idling. You are muted while in that channel.
  • I seem to have executive power because I created the server. It seems even if I promote someone else and have them demote me, I still have permissions to change myself back. I hope this is OK

One final note: Please do not impersonate other people. There's sort of an honor system here because Captains get full access. I don't want to see people making accounts named Riuthamus to try to get me to promote them to Captain. Thanks!

Posted

Great work Virgo. This will be useful if people want to stay connected.

Posted

I added a link to the Discord server into the top of the forums :D