Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medal of Honor

65 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/livefeed/ea

After the fail that was MW2... I'm actually interested.

It's also live stream, so tune in E3 is going on now! Just waiting for MP details!

Posted

"OH ANOTHER GENERIC FPS"

But it looks fun. Can't wait for beta.

Posted

This is a game I will definitely be getting.

Posted

HAY ITS BATTLEFIELD: MODERN WARFARE

beta starts on the 17th for all Bad Company 2 dudes

Posted

I thought it was June 21st? Or around there. I'm down if my comp will run it. Still want more info on it's MP.

Posted

I just go into the BETA.

Posted

@ Nitrous MW 2 isnt a fail it was a good if u are good at it :rage:

anyways looking foward for this one and COD Black Oops.

and after watching this trailer it looks like its a Bad Company 2 Clone lol, well i just hope its better!!

Posted

anyways looking foward for this one and COD Black Oops.

and after watching this trailer it looks like its a Bad Company 2 Clone lol, well i just hope its better!!

Thats because they let fucking dice do the mp. EA LA has the single player like the last 11 years and im sure it will be fantastic.

For anyone that cares about single player like me there are vids here: http://www.medalofhonor.com/

Beta info here: http://www.medalofhonor.com/betainfo

11 minutes of multiplayer gameplay footage here http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/68837/PC/Medal-of-Honor/Gameplay/E3-2010-Eleven-Minute-Multiplayer-Gameplay-Movie

Posted

No excuse, CoD4 was better and still is. Black Ops better be something otherwise I'm switching over to being a MoH fan.

Posted

Wicked sick! Thanks Pyro.

Posted

Already pre ordered it, so just gotta wait till October!

Posted

Already pre ordered it, so just gotta wait till October!

Now see here China man, this is how the F2000 is SUPPOSED to work. Get that MW2 shit outta hur!

Also, I blame you VIK! YOU for making the F2000 so terra bad in MW2. But anyways, we'll see you there. Though I think Darkpyro and I are gunna race to see who can beat SP campaign faster at hardest difficulty. teeheeteeheeteehee

Rant:

I do admit though, the one detail DICE never gets right on this weapon... is how it reloads. While there is an automatic reload function in the gun, this requires you to "tap" that white tab-like rectangular button above the thumb hole stock. This causes a round to enter the chamber mechanically providing you to immediately assume the position. In the event this mechanic fails however, there's also the standard receiver which you simply grab at the front and pull back to manually load a round into it's chamber. I don't know if DICE thinks the gun is completely robotic or that, as seen with many other guns in their games, they simply don't put that much effort into coding the graphic (I know for sure on the M4 and M16s in both MoH and BC2, they pull back the receiver when a full magazine is spent). Maybe it's a favorites thing too :P fuck M16s and it's many variants!

Posted

Well now aint this some bullshit: http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/military-bans-video-game-that-kills-us-troops/1410232

Oh but it's fine when our enemies in video games are portrayed as Russian Ultra nationalists right? Or the World War 2 scenarios of the CoD series? I understand the sensitivity of the whole issue, lots of people died and lots of people are traumatized over the real events this game is trying to tell. That's fine, don't get the game. I just don't like censorship and this kind of tweaked that nerve a bit.

Posted

Yeah it isnt a huge deal but its dumb none the less. They just choose not to sell the games in their stores they are not banning it. Soldiers can still buy the game but they will have to go off base or order it from somewhere else. It doesn't seem to be because your playing the Taliban but because your playing the Taliban in a real place and real war.

Also here is a sample of the soundtrack

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0041ITIWS/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1284004469&sr=8-5

Posted

wait so if the story taliban only or is it like MW2 where you play a bunch of different armies and your under cover or what?

Posted

wait so if the story taliban only or is it like MW2 where you play a bunch of different armies and your under cover or what?

You play as both US Army rangers and special forces soldiers(Seals, DELTA, ect)

Posted

You play as both US Army rangers and special forces soldiers(Seals, DELTA, ect)

do you also play the taliban?

you guys realize were probably getting watched by the FBI because of this topic ;D

Posted

do you also play the taliban?

you guys realize were probably getting watched by the FBI because of this topic ;D

No. You never in any way play as taliban in the single player.

Posted

No. You never in any way play as taliban in the single player.

then wtf is the problem with it?????

Posted

the fact that its set now, with rangers & taliban, shooting each other...

i know i fucking hate people like this

while i agree, its a VERY sensitive topic, and definitely something war moms don't want to see, THAT DOESNT MEAN THEY HAVE TO PROTEST!

they can just not buy it! (tho I'm sure they're sons will awesomesmiley.png)

Posted

It's the Multiplayer aspect they're not comfortable with. Like any competitive FPS title, there's two opposing factions. In multiplayer you do play as the Taliban killing the US soldiers, which they feel references the whole, "Killing soldiers who fight to protect us in real life, is fun." I can understand the sensitivity of the issue, I just can't stand how they think they can forsaken a game because it's something they don't agree with, rather than just refrain from buying the game.

Over all like Pyro said over Steam the game is: based on real places, during a real year, on a real war - the story however is completely fictional as to protect the names of those involved in the true events.

Posted

The point is.. its super sensitive, should they censor the stores they sell it in? no. Are they? Yes.... who cares, you can buy the game anywhere else you just cant buy it on base of any military installation. NO fucking need to cry about this. Most gamers dont buy their games from onbase anyway.... because base takes forever to get the games and is always sold out really quickly. STOP THE CRYING GOD!

Posted

<br />The point is.. its super sensitive, should they censor the stores they sell it in? no. Are they? Yes.... who cares, you can buy the game anywhere else you just cant buy it on base of any military installation. NO fucking need to cry about this. Most gamers dont buy their games from onbase anyway.... because base takes forever to get the games and is always sold out really quickly. STOP THE CRYING GOD!<br />
No shit. People just like to cry when something that doesnt affect them happens. The stores have a right to sell products they please. Just like the soldiers have a right to buy it off base.